SOA Gallery at George Mason University encourages exhibition proposals and portfolio submissions from emerging and established artists, and curators for consideration for exhibition opportunities. Gallery exhibitions vary in duration from 4 to 6 weeks. To have your materials reviewed by the gallery staff, please follow the submission guidelines listed below.
It is requested that artists and curators selected for exhibition attend their opening reception and participate in a presentation of the exhibit for the public.
Mail Proposals to:
George Mason University
Fine Arts Gallery
4400 University Drive, MSN 1C3
Fairfax , VA 22030
Individual Artist Exhibition Proposals
- Artist contact information (address, email, phone)
- 10-20 images of recent work on CD (see image format guidelines below) with an accompanying image list in PDF or MSWord format.
- A brief exhibition overview or artist statement
- A current CV and artist bio
- (Optional) Additional information including: press clippings, sketches for new or proposed installation works, site specific performance documents, and other materials that may help curators better understand your studio practice, career, and exhibit objectives.
Group Exhibition Proposals
- Curator or Organizer contact information (address, email, phone)
- 10-20 images of participating artists’ work on CD (see image format guidelines below) with an accompanying image list in PDF or MSWord format.
- A brief written exhibition overview including curators’ statement, relevant thematic concerns, and/or contextual information concerning topical, historical, or aesthetic issues investigated in the exhibition
- A list of participating curators and artists including their CV and bio
- (Optional) Additional information including: press clippings, sketches for new or proposed installation works, documentation of curators previous exhibits, and any other materials that may help gallery staff better understand the exhibit objectives.
Image Format Guidelines:
Digital images must be submitted as high quality JPEG files. And must be sized to 1000 px at their longest dimension. Save digital files with the artists’ last name and a number corresponding to its position on the image list (Example: Smith_001.jpeg) Image lists should include the filename, title, medium, dimensions and date of each piece included on the CD. Please do not submit digital slide shows or Power Point presentations. Digital files that do not follow these specifications will not be considered.